Fertility is defined as the natural capacity to conceive a child. However, fertility does not come easily to everyone. Fertility isn’t only a female health issue. Both men and women can experience infertility. Many causes of infertility are “silent” and don’t have obvious symptoms.
However, the following signs might indicate a fertility issue and may signal a call to your doctor:
- You are 35 or older and you’ve been trying to get pregnant for six months with no success.
- You are younger than 35 and have been having unprotected sexual intercourse for one year without getting pregnant.
- You have had two or more successive pregnancy losses.
- You have any risk factors for infertility.
The most common fertility issues are:
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Usually light or heavy bleeding and bad menstrual cramps
- Unusually heavy periods or abnormal menstrual bleeding.
- Pelvic pain or pain during sexual intercourse.
- Sexual dysfunction ( including erectile dysfunction or low libido)